Shotgun patterning can be done at the pistol range facilities where there is a backstop placed at 25 yards for shotgun patterning. Please do not use shotguns on the pistol range backstops.
We have a enclosed all weather pistol range with 25 and 50 yard backstops. Our other range also includes a outdoor metal silhouette range with a variety of metal targets.
Questions about pistol range please contact:
Jim Wigle 724-697-5060
Jim Waltenbaugh 724-596-4225
Pistol Range Regulations
- These range facilities are maintained for the exclusive use of club members and to a limited extent, occasional guests.
- Shooting hours will be limited to 10:00 A.M. until sunset, Monday through Saturday. Sunday hours are restricted, 12:00 Noon until sunset.
- Use of 22 rim fire rifles is encouraged to be used on pistol range.
- Routine pistol firing should be confined to the pistol range.
- Junior members under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent , legal guardian or responsible adult. Adequate precaution must be taken to insure the supervision and safety of any additional younger children in the range area. However, no children under the age of 8 shall be permitted in the range area.
- Use of armor piercing or similar type ammunition is prohibited.
- Use of ear plugs, muffs, other hearing protection is required. This is especially critical when children or inexperienced persons are in the area of the firing line. Where questionable judgement by anyone is observed shooters should offer adequate warning of the damaging effects of muzzle blast. Since mandatory regulations cannot be enforced, the Club cannot accept responsibility for claims of this nature. No unsupervised children allowed.
- Although range backstops and wings were designed to minimize ricochets from the target area, there shall be no firing until all people are behind the shooter.
- Each member shall be responsible for “policing of brass”, cartridge boxes, targets, and all other rubbish should be taken home and disposed of properly.
- Each member shall be responsible for insuring their own, as well as any guests’ safety and compliance with posted target and range rules.
- As provided by the conditions outlined in Article XIII of the Club’s Constitution and By-Laws failure of any member to comply with or help in the enforcement of Range Rules will result in expulsion from the Club.
- In order to minimize overshooting, the target carrier frames and the upper portion of the target carrier have been painted flourescent orange. Under no circumstances, can any type of target be placed above the painted area.
- Any type of paper or cardboard target, commercial or homemade, which can be temporarily attached to the target carrier board, may be used. It shall be each shooters responsibility to remove their targets before leaving the range. This one simple act can be a major contribution to improving the appearance of the range and grounds.
- Use of cans, bottles, and or other breakable objects for targets, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Under no circumstances may a temporary target be placed between the firing line and backstop. If sight correction requires firing closer to the target, the shooter shall move forward and fire in the safest possible manner.
- Deliberate firing at the target carrier frames or targets placed on or outside the target area, shall be grounds for expulsion from the Club and loss of all membership privileges.
- Firing at any animal or bird, domestic or wild, which may appear in the range area is forbidden.
- All loaded guns must be kept muzzle pointed downrange toward targets at all times. Breeches on all firearms (were posssible) are to be open or broken at all times except when shooting.
- Absolutely no firing of center fire rifles on pistol range.
- Absolutely no fully automatic weapons allowed on the range.
- All alcoholic beverages are prohibited on all ranges. Anyone under the influence of any intoxicating substance is forbidden to use any firing range.