VANDERGRIFT SPORTSMENS CLUB
WINTER RIFLE LEAGUE
At: 603 Sportsman Drive
Apollo, Pa., 15613
- January 1, 2022
- February 5, 2022
- March 5, 2022
- April 2, 2022
2 Classes: Factory and Custom
- Sign up starts at 8am
- Matches Fee is $20.00 a rifle and lunch is included In Match Fees
- Matches start at 10 am
- 200 yard Matches
- Bob Matteo 724-708-1382 or
- Jim Waltenbaugh 724-882-2464
VANDERGRIFT SPORTSMEN’S WINTER RIFLE LEAGUE
1. All bolts must be removed or clear chamber indicator installed until given command to insert bolt.
2. Everyone is to stay behind shooting benches.
3. No one is to set at benches while targets are being changed.
4. Rifles are to be loaded one (1) cartridge at a time. No Loading of magazines or clips.
1. No coaching or spotting for another competitor.
2. Coaching and spotting is allowed for youth shooters.
3. No electronic devices of any kind including wind meters.
4. Wind flags are allowed
5. Battery operated timers are allowed.
6. Spotting scopes are allowed to be used by the shooter.
7. No one piece rifle rests.
8. Bipods are allowed.
9. No rail guns.
Must remain as it left the factory, (stock, action, barrels, and triggers), any power scope allowed.
- A. Stocks may be bedded and triggers may be adjusted and safety MUST work.
- B. No aftermarket accessories allowed in factory class, such as Jewell, rifle Basix, ECT triggers. No stock aids such as bench rest adaptors, sled or wooden blocks screwed to bottom of stocks.
- C. NO SAVAGE F CLASS RIFLES IN FACTORY CLASS.
A. Any custom rifle with custom actions, barrels and stocks and triggers. Any power scope is allowed.
B. Custom rifle cannot weigh more than 20 lbs.
1. All challenges to scoring should be made as soon as possible and must be made prior to payouts.
2. Decision of scorer/judge will be final.
COURSE OF FIRING
Each target will have 6 targets on it. There will be five (5) targets for score and one sight-in target. The sight-in target will be on lower right hand side with “S” marked on it. You will have 1 minute to setup. Range officer will tell you when you may put your bolt in your rifle. Once you install your bolt, you will have 7 minutes to shoot as many sight-in shots as you want and your 5 shots for score. If you shoot 2 or more shots in one score target you will get credit for the lowest scored shot on that target. Crossfire shots must be brought to the attention of the range officer.